Are you searching for a meaningful and fulfilling internship program where you can gain exposure to the public accounting profession? If you are interested in working alongside a skilled team of professionals, then we want to hear from you!
Dedekian George Small & Markarian, a highly regarded full-service regional CPA firm serving the manufacturing, agriculture, and construction industries, has immediate openings for Interns to join our team this tax season. This is a great opportunity for students enrolled in a BS or MS Accounting Degree program that are eager to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience that will set them up for success in the future.
The Associate Intern role is responsible for learning and applying their technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops an understanding of the business and the Associate role.
- Develops technical skills on the job.
- Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks.
- Builds working relationships at peer client level.
- Effectively documents work.
- Identifies task issues as well as task progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Participates in office-wide initiatives – recruitment, marketing, etc.
- Builds strong team relationship skills.
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated record of retention of application of technical skills.
- Quality of work output.
- Integration into the team.
- Meeting assignment objectives (timeframes, budgets, outcomes).
- Participation in firm-wide initiatives.
- Full-time student enrolled in a BS or MS Accounting Degree program
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Accounting Major
- Availability to work 15 hours per week starting February 2022 through April 15, 2022
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team
- This is a paid internship position. We will discuss upon job offer.
- This internship program is designed to meet the requirements for college credit.