Are you looking to advance quickly in your career and level up your skillset? Are you seeking an environment where you can construct your own roadmap to success that balances your personal and professional life and meets your desired growth goals? Do you have the maturity and insight to work directly with business owners to help them realize their potential?
At Dedekian George Small & Markarian, you will experience ample opportunities for professional growth while working directly with clients on a regular basis. As you advance in your career, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve made an impact on the lives of your clients and their businesses.
Dedekian George Small & Markarian, a regional firm serving the manufacturing, agriculture and construction industries, has an immediate opening for an ambitious Audit Supervisor to become part of their growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, dedicated team player with a passion for client service who is looking to take their career to the next level.
*This is a full-time role with a potentially flexible work arrangement, depending on the candidates’ level of experience. This position has the potential to be remote, but applicants must be able to occasionally travel to our office’s onsite location in Fresno, California.
We are currently seeking an Audit Supervisor with a minimum of 3-5 years of public accounting and audit experience.
This is a full-time, full-spectrum position involving accounting and audit services. You would be responsible to manage various engagements including employee benefit plan audits as well as various review engagements of for-profit companies. The team member in this position:
- Develops and strengthens long-term relationships with senior client management and peer client levels.
- Develops and is accountable for the assignment work plan and ensures assigned tasks and responsibilities are achieved.
- Plans organize and control multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assignment objectives.
- Helps develop solutions for clients and manages the implementation of ideas in consultation with the assignment director.
- Advises, coaches, and supports team members including providing consistent recognition and encouragement to team members to increase retention and utilization.
- Successfully builds, directs, and maintains a motivated and empowered work team.
- Structures work teams to successfully meet client expectations and help develop strong client partnerships.
- Works in consultation with the assignment leader to anticipate project issues assess alternatives and take appropriate measures to resolve assignment issues.
- Manages the assignment budget and profitability in their area of responsibility.
- Anticipates and communicates budget issues, identifies opportunities to improve assignment profitability and prepares billings, and assists in collections.
- Identifies client needs/opportunities to sell additional value-added services.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities and refers them to the appropriate team member.
- Leverages commercial and market knowledge to anticipate client needs for new/additional services.
- Supports the partner in the development and planning of practice objectives and budgets.
- Development of functional specialization and/or industry expertise.
- Supports the partner/s in developing new initiatives to increase retention, meet resourcing needs (including recruitment interviews), utilization, and people development.
- Builds strong coaching skills.
- Shares and transfers knowledge in the team.
- Actively pursues self-development opportunities in line with the competency model.
- CPA preferred or active candidate working towards certification.
- Strong analytical ability and an understanding of accounting and audit principles.
- Employee benefit plan audit experience a plus.
- Ability to utilize or quickly learn the firm’s software: We use the complete CCH and Pro system tax and audit software applications.
- Strong client relationship and project management skills.
- Strong team management skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop less experienced team members
- Out-of-town travel requirements are minimal and usually related to education
We offer excellent benefits and compensation package as well as:
- Excellent growth opportunity
- Full-time flexible work schedules
- Premier North Fresno office location on the bluffs
Dedekian George Small & Markarian, a highly regarded full-service CPA firm, specializes exclusively in providing accounting and consulting services to clients in the manufacturing, agriculture, and construction industries.